Ali Kausar Muhammad Firoz
Mr. Firoz has a long 35+ years of experience in energy and power sector. He has been the Managing Director of Electricity Generation Company of Bangladesh Limited (EGCB), a state-owned power generation company. Besides he is also an expert in public procurement and contract management.
As a power transmission lines design engineer, he worked in different capacities in Bangladesh Power Development Board (BPDB) and Power Grid Company of Bangladesh Limited (PGCB). He played a major role in the operationalization of PGCB in its earlier days and was leading a team, responsible for transmission lines design and procurement activities related to turnkey projects.
He also worked for 10 years in Asian Development Bank as project officer for power and energy projects and as senior procurement officer, engaged in all activities related to public procurement under relevant ADB projects.
While in EGCB, he had the overall responsibility of the operation and maintenance of three power plants totaling 869MW capacity which included gas fired combined cycle power plant (CCPP). He was also responsible to manage a 335MW CCPP project and the planning of future power plant projects including 50MW and 100MW Solar Power Plants and 10 MW Wind Power plant at Feni. Mr. Firoz is a well-travelled man, visiting 27 countries, and attended various seminars, conferences, factory tests and training sessions at home and abroad
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Extra High Voltage/ High Voltage Over Head Lines
- Power Plant Management
- Project Implementation & Administration
- Procurement Specialist
- Contract Management
- Received Capacity Building and Business Outreach Team Award 2010 from Procurement Department, ADB.
- Received Best Performance Award 2004 from the Asian Development Bank as Team Leader of the Design and Evaluation Team of Power Grid Company of Bangladesh Limited (PGCB).
- Received commendation from the Chairman, Bangladesh Power Development Board for active participation in the quick restoration of power supply through 230kV East West Electrical Inter-Connector Transmission Line by constructing emergency by-pass line replacing two damaged towers.
Electrical and Electronic Engineering from Bangladesh University of Engineering & Technology (B.U.E.T.)